This is a special post to invite you to my webinar for the American Translators Association on how to apply categories of language in contract translation. In this webinar, we will focus on how to achieve fidelity to source while avoiding literal word-for-word renderings that result in unnatural sounding target language versions.
In this webinar, you will learn:
1. A contract’s structure: its parts and linguistic challenges
2. How to break complex clauses down to translate them more accurately
3. What categories of language are in contracts
4. How to identify the category of language of each clause
5. How to apply categories of language to translate clauses more accurately
The webinar will be presented in English. The presentation style will be sufficiently broad to help you gain better understanding of contracts regardless of whether you work into or out of English.
The webinar will take place on February 5th, 2018 at 12 noon EST, and will be available on demand.
ATA members pay only $45 and non-members pay $60.
YES! If you’re an ATA member, you get one CE point.
Click here to register.
Leave a comment, I’ll be happy to answer them.